What can we do remotely, and what on-site
Activities before signing the contract and the start of the project
- At this stage it is essential for the representatives of Multishoring.info and of the client to meet in person. This type of meeting enables Multishoring.info’s project manager and the client’s representatives to get to know each other. It facilitates further cooperation and contributes to solving any problems that may arise during the work on a nearshore or offshore IT project.
Projects carried out by Multishoring.info can be divided into two categories described below.
1) Nearshore or offshore IT projects that require communication with employees primarily from the IT department (for example related to the implementation of BizTalk Server and SQL Server)
- In such projects there is no need for personal meetings. All communication can take place remotely – by email or using video conferencing tools. Remote work can include: clarification of the scope of the project, determining the developer environment (of the client or of Multishoring.info), work programming, testing, installation and training.
- Remote collaboration is quite sufficient as most of the topics discussed are technical issues. It does not matter whether the interlocutors see themselves in person or communicate at a distance. The communication is also facilitated by both sides’ high proficiency in using video conferencing tools.
- Personal meetings are not necessary due to Multishoring.info’s method of implementing projects. We always try to carry them out in stages. This means that we divide the project into isolated modules. After creating and testing individual modules, they are immediately run productively. In this way the client can verify whether the project is proceeding according to his expectations by looking at the already operating piece of the whole solution.
- It may happen that during the project unexpected problems arise that are best discussed in person. Our experience shows that such situations are rare.
2) Nearshore or offshore IT projects that require communication with employees from departments other than IT (e.g. associated with the implementation of SharePoint Server or Dynamic CRM)
- In this type of projects personal meetings are necessary due to the larger number of involved employees from different departments, who often have conflicting opinions and are not accustomed to the use of video-conferencing tools.
- As a rule, in the course of the project we always organise at least one presentation for the client to show what has been achieved so far and to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
- However, if there is a need for more frequent personal meetings, they are arranged as appropriate.
- The specific feature of the nearshore or offshore IT projects implemented by Multishoring.info is our modular approach. This means that the issue of maintenance arises at a relatively early stage of the project – after a production run of a closed part of the whole solution. Therefore, already at that stage details of maintenance are determined, such as response time and support level. If support services are to be provided during business hours, then for the duration of the project this job is assigned to Multishoring.info’s project team. In the case of 24/7 support it is necessary to make additional financial arrangements. All of this is done remotely and afterwards the client is able to accurately test the support level provided by Multishoring.info already during the project.
- When the project is completed and the documentation handed over, it is time to sign an official agreement for technical support for the solution created by Multishoring.info. It is usually accompanied by a personal meeting, providing also an opportunity to summarise the project.